SC - Iron Chef advice

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Thu Aug 3 08:01:20 PDT 2000

> In the context of the SCA....yes. A far better 'charity' function would be
> one aimed at collecting funds for leper colonies which still exist. Other
> period 'charities' included hospitals, feeding and clothing the poor,
> donations to convents and shools/universities and donations to libraries.

Sorry, Ras, modern libraries are as modern as anything else.

> Service to the Society, yes. We are a nonprofit educational organization. I
> am unaware of any mention of service to the community at large outside the
> context of education as being one of the SCA official missions according to
> it's corporate documents.

Hey, if your group can get along without outside community involvement,
then being completely disassociated from the community is fine. (Of
course, it gets a little hairy if you run into the guy who is telling
Police Departments the SCA is a military cult.) However, I'm curious: how
did your group manage to buy its own site? (Because we have to maintain
connections with the community in order to be able to get sites.)

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net

"They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the
	nuts work loose.
They do not preach that His Pity allows them to drop their job when
	they damn-well choose. " -Kipling, "The Sons of Martha"