SC - New prospects from Prospect Books

Christina Nevin cnevin at caci.co.uk
Fri Aug 4 04:03:03 PDT 2000

In a message dated 8/3/00 10:50:16 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
korrin.daardain at juno.com writes:

> Correct me if I am wrong but aren't Blueberrys new world?

Actually no,  the name is new world.   If you get in-depth and check genus
species type names you will find that the little berry has two well known
modern names (Blueberry and black lingonberry depending on the continent) and
one medieval name which is not used much anymore (whortleberry).  You can
find a vast description of whortleberry in "Gerard's Herbal" among others.

Constance de la Rose