SC - Looking for period crabmeat recipes

Robin Carroll-Mann harper at idt.net
Fri Aug 4 19:14:46 PDT 2000

michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com writes:

> My position on the issue truly is not a slight to Phlip or that I consider
> her
>  abilities not to be professional. Just that I would personally feel better
> if a
>
>  licensed professional was on hand for a matter as serious as the death of
an
>  animal. (Okay, so I'm a  bleeding heart tree-hugger.)

Would it make you feel any better if you knew that most "professional" chefs
don't know how to properly kill a lobster?  I understand the concern, don't
get me wrong. I just can't help but feel that there is really no "right" way
to kill an animal.  It seems to me that cutting it's head off would pretty
much do the trick.  I think what we really need, rather than a licensed
professional or certified butcher, is just someone with a really sharp axe.
Seems that would be the quickest, easiest way to do it.  If you're going to
kill it, kill it.  No need to get technical about it, if you ask me.  Which,
of course, you didn't :)

Balthazar of Blackmoor

In the mornin' I go walking, 'cause it helps the hurtin' soften.  I've seen a
lot of places, 'cause I miss her very often.