SC -corn in the USA

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Sat Aug 5 11:22:36 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael F. Gunter" <michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com>
To: <sca-cooks at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2000 10:39 AM
Subject: Re: SC - Kid Slaughtering age

> > If so, would you settle for a USDA meat inspector (one of our jobs is to
> > make sure humane slaughter is performed)
>
> But the question is would a meat inspector be able to take over if
something
> went wrong? Could they inform the class how to properly tie or hold the
animal
> to prevent it from getting away or having someone be hurt by it's
thrashing?
> Could you give instructions to the class in the various dispatching
methods for

> each type and age of animal? etc....

Most of us, yes (there are screwups in every organization <sigh>) While most
of the slaughtering stuff I've learned leans toward mass killing (I don't
think CO2 is a practical usage for a couple of goats for feast <G> ), I have
learned the right and wrong ways of killing animals (sledge hammers are
right out!).

Beatrix
but you're going to leave the bulls off my personal list- we have enough
trouble with them at work

- ---