SC - Coeliac Foods & a recipe

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Sun Aug 6 20:19:01 PDT 2000

Lady Brighid said:

> Granado has quite a few crab recipes (though he mentions that lobster
> is better).  Here's one:
>
> Para freyr las pulpas de los Congrejos, y Langostas
> Source: Diego Granado, _Libro del arte de cozina_ (Spanish, 1599)
> Translation: Brighid ni Chiarain (Robin Carroll-Mann)
>
> To Fry the Flesh of Crabs and Lobsters
>
> Take the flesh after they are cooked, and cut them into slices the
> thickness of a finger, moisten them in water, and dredge them in flour,
> and fry them with oil, or purified cow's butter, and serve them with fried
> parsley, and orange juice, pepper, and salt on top, and after they are
> fried you can also serve them with garlic sauce, and green sauce, and
> other flavors.
>
> note: orange juice would be the juice of sour oranges

I have two different types of canned crabmeat. One says: "Fancy Whole
Lump" and the other "Fancy with Leg Meat". Maybe the first one would
be firm enough to do this recipe with. Although since both were packed
and canned in water they may come out too soft. I guess we'll just have
to see and Maybe have the first recipe (Platina) ingredients ready as
a backup.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net