SC - OT: Accent

Siegfried Heydrich baronsig at peganet.com
Fri Aug 11 06:02:26 PDT 2000

Berengaria
>--- Phil Anderson <phil at dev.spis.co.nz> wrote:
>  > Berengaria writes:
>  > > Have you heard of some of the bizarre ice cream
>>  > flavors offered in Japan?  Bleu cheese and cracked
>  > > black pepper?

(snip)

>I just had a flash:  we can start inventing ice cream
>flavors to try to sell in Japan to raise money for
>the SCA-Cooks Land With Dream Kitchen Fund.
>
>First up:  Baked Potato Ice Cream with sour cream,
>cheese, bacon bits and green onions!

When i was in Japan in the summer (and grant you, that was 28 years
ago) my favorite cool treat was something the Japanese considered
traditional, uji kintoki kori (i think that's the romanization)

It's shaved ice with green tea syrup (and made from real matcha it
had a bitter bite, not that wimpy stuff that often passes as green
tea ice cream in the US), with a scoop of adzuki beans cooked with
sugar (Japanese use adzuki beans in a number of sweets) nestled in
the ice, and topped with a hearty dash of condensed milk.

Still miss the stuff.

I also remember having green mung bean and coconut ice cream bars
somewhere, but i can't remember where...

Anahita
still pronouncing your name the way Lord Garrick taught us in Arabic class