SC - Butterscotch flavor

WyteRayven@aol.com WyteRayven at aol.com
Sat Aug 12 17:34:25 PDT 2000

Girlfriend! I've made what I billet to mundanes and the family as
"orange madeira sorbet" and everyone loves it. It's an orange juice
based sorbet with the same spicing as yppocras and *some* wine in it.
If you try to freeze it with *lots* of wine or any other alcohol, for
that matter, it doesn't do. Remember what happens to your vodka when
you put it in the freezer? It gets really cold. I've done a really nice
peach sorbet (whole fruit puree) with brandy; also a mint sorbet with
triple sex...uh...sec--used lots of mint from my garden. Smell ya later
sis.

Marcello

- --- Sue Clemenger <mooncat at in-tch.com> wrote:
> I'm suprised no one's suggested cuskeynole flavored ice cream....
> Hmmm....
> How about hypocras gelato or sorbet? Red wine base with spices.....
> Or, umm, mead flavored (any of the fruit or spice varieties)?
> Or an ice cream based on the cherry cheesecake recipe from
> Platina?--something with a decent butterfat content, swirls of cream
> cheese, chopped sour cherries, rose petals, and bits of pie crust?
> --Maire

> SCA-Cooks".

=====
Marcello di Caprioli, Ornament of Artemisia
Shire of Silver Keep
The Glorious Kingdom of Artemisia