SC - questions

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Aug 13 09:20:16 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: <WyteRayven at aol.com>
Subject: SC - Butterscotch flavor

> The talk that I have been hearing about the butter beer (I must admit that
> have not as of yet read the Harry Potter books) peaked my interest.
> I would like to make a butterscotch cordial without using imitation or
> pre-made flavorings if possible. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to
go
> about it?
> I would like the finished product to be if possible a nice clear cordial
that
> tastes like a rothschildes butterscotch candy.
> Any ideas would be welcome!
> Ilia
The easiest way is make a good desert sauce and use it as your base for your
Cordial. This is how I make my Carmel Nut Cordial.
Make a Good Butterscotch Sauce (from your faviorite recipe).  Add a bottle
of your favorite alcohol, I would probly use Rum or White Brandy. Dissolve
the sauce in the alcohol. Put away for 2 weeks in a closet, but stir or
shake at least once a week. At the end of the time, check flavor. You will
most likely have to add some sugar syrup (2 cups sugar to 1 cup water) to
cut the alcohol flavor some. Add only a little the sweet flavor intensify as
it blends. Put back in the closet for a month, strain with cheese cloth,
most likely for numerous times.
You may have to work with it alot to get a clear Cordial. You may have to
skim off some of the residue of the sauce.
Hope this works for you,
Dinah bint Ismai'l