SC - Iron Chef Altavia, 12 August A.S. XXXV

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Mon Aug 14 09:15:26 PDT 2000

Well a glance through all the recipe titles from the medieval manuscripts in
L'Arte della cucina in Italia* shows no eggplant recipes, though it *may* be
an ingredient in some dishes I haven't fully translated yet)

similarly I do not find them in the 1598 english translation of the
Epulario, the small portion of titles I've translated from Scappi so far, or
Scully's 15th c. neapolitan colletion, but they are present in the 14th c.
Cerruti tacuinum sanitatis (I assume they appear in other tacuinums as well,
but didn't bother checking)  They are also mentioned by Castelvetro 1614.

leaving Italy for Spain, they are present in both Sent Sovi 14th c. & Libre
del coch 15th c.

That's enough for one morning :->
Eden

*Anonimo Toscano 14th c., Anonimo Meridionale early 15th c., anonimo
Veneziano 14th c., Trecentesco Della Corte Angioina 14th c.
WARNING: Dates on the calendar are closer than they appear!

Eden Rain
raghead at liripipe.com