SC - Re: upholstery

Diana L Skaggs upsxdls_osu at ionet.net
Wed Aug 16 18:43:29 PDT 2000

At 02:16 PM 8/14/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Adamantius, who never liked eggplant anyway, but who will cook it for others

Master Adamantius, from a humble cooking acolyte. I didn't like eggplant
until I learned to lessen the "sharp" flavor by soaking in saltwater prior
to cooking (sprinkling with salt and allowing to stand, then rinsing works,
too). I made a casserole by simmering prepared eggplant until it was fork
tender, drained well and covered with (gasp) commercial spaghetti sauce.
Placed in casserole dish and covered with shredded mozzarella.  Baked at
350 degrees until heated through and the cheese was beginning to brown.
Took it to a family gathering.  Didn't tell anyone what it was until there
was nothing left but the smell.  Everyone was suprised and pleased.
"Diana's Eggplant Casserole" was requested frequently afterward...Leanna