SC - The Tim Tam Suck!

Jane M Tremaine vikinglord at worldnet.att.net
Thu Aug 17 11:29:37 PDT 2000

In a message dated 8/16/00 6:31:01 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
upsxdls_osu at ionet.net writes:

> . I didn't like eggplant
>  until I learned to lessen the "sharp" flavor by soaking in saltwater prior
>  to cooking

This was why my grandmother always did the same, or low boiled it. She would
put it in boiling water, then turn the water off and cover the pan, remove
from heat. Let sit five or ten minutes....

Her favorite receipe was to make dumplings out of them and deep fry them
after mashing them up. It always came out tasting like Belgian Waffles to
me....

Lars