SC - Lemon Beer

sdrake steldr at home.net
Thu Aug 17 12:18:51 PDT 2000

Susan Fox-Davis wrote:

> Actually, you don't really see all that many mushroom recipes in the fancy
> folks' cookbooks, do you?  I tend to consider mushrooms as peasants' food, mind
> you a lot of peasants' food is tasty and filling and all that, but not as
> well-documented for SCA contest/research purposes.

'Cept of course the lovely 'Funges' recipe- a leek and mushroom soup
(from 14th c._Cury on Inglysche_, I think). Seumas once made it up as a
thick-sauced vegetable dish, as there was a shortage of bowls, and
simply cutting down on the amount of liquid worked wonderfully. I
suspect there may be more but I don't have citations right on top of my
head (nope- just a new crop of white hair...).

'Lainie