SC - Re: Back from War - Platina Recipe (long)

ChannonM@aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Mon Aug 21 16:06:46 PDT 2000

Was asked:

>Has anyone ever used a vinyl inflatable bed?  Are they any good?  Do you
>think they will last long or do you think they will get a puncture in them?

I like them the wife doesn't, but she agrees they beat sleeping on the
ground. Secret is to inflate them to the point that when you lie on them and
push down with your rump you can just touch the ground.   Any more turgid
and they are less comfortable and far more likely to pop a seam.   Don't
expect them to last more than a season or two, avoid putting weight on them
suddenly and keep sharp and pointy thing away from them.  Get an air pump
that runs off the car's lighter socket or failing that a foot pump to
inflate them.  Don't try to do it by mouth you will been there all night
and/or pass out.  By the way a friend of mine has a period illustration of
what looks to be an inflatable bed made of leather.

Daniel Raoul