SC - need calamari advice

Ron Rispoli rispoli at gte.net
Tue Aug 22 21:42:07 PDT 2000

Lars asked for a friend:
>         I have a quest for your food list.  I'm looking for a recipe for
> pickled limes.

While I don't have a period recipe specifically for pickled limes, there
is a message in this file in the FOOD-FRUIT section of my Florilegium
on pickled oranges and lemons, including directions.
fruit-citrus-msg  (27K)  4/ 1/99    Period citrus fruits. Recipes.

I imagine limes could be used. I'm still not sure of the periodicity
of limes but Baron Akim showed me an article of his that does say
they are period. I hope to have this article in the Florilegium in the
near future.

I have gone ahead and pasted the message below. I hope this isn't too
long for this list. It did come from here originally.
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net