SC - Re: Pennsic Tales

Black Jade Black_Jade at bigpond.com
Wed Aug 23 21:22:59 PDT 2000

>     Weeeellllll, maybe............. It is also possible that the toilet
> fittings and pipes might have lead or other toxic metal
> contamination that
> would leach into the standing water. I think I'd avoid this
> method just to be
> cautious, myself, despite how seductively easy it sounds! ;-)

Sigh,  All this "potty fear".  If your toilet has lead, or toxic fittings
it's a good bet that the pipes in the rest of your house do too.  If you
have suspicions get a test from your city water department.

Seriously, all this talk about "toxic algae", heavy metals, etc... Doesn't
is seem a bit over the top?  How many of these acorns are you going to eat
in a year?  Tons?  You can poison yourself on almonds or peach pits for that
matter, if you eat enough.

Most of us grew up in homes that were painted with lead base paints; went to
schools that had asbestos in the walls, and played with toys that are now
"deadly choking hazards", and all grew up reasonably whole and healthy.

I'm not saying ignore any health risks, but let's have a sense of proportion
here.

:->  Regina Romsey