SC - non-member submission - re: SC-ALOSED BEEF

Stephanie Drake steldr at home.net
Fri Aug 25 12:36:38 PDT 2000

    Really? Usually when I made it, I just poured heavy whipping cream into
shallow hotel pans, covered them, and sat them on top of the coolers, where
the warm air from the condenser could blow on them. (had good luck with
warming pads, too) Just left them for 24+ hours, and it clotted quite
nicely. Poured off the semi-clear liquid on top, scored it with a knife
after drizzling it with a bit o' honey, and it was wonderful!
    I'm serving this for CoroCrown next weekend, doing Tantallon Triskele
cakes with Peaches & Cream for dessert. (to head off the queries about what
the hell is CoroCrown, we're having Coronation on Saturday, and Crown Lyste
the following day. We're switching the dates for coronations and crown
lists, so it's going to be a weird event. And you don't EVEN want to know
why we're doing it, either.)

    Sieggy