SC - non-messy, period, dayboard-type food

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Fri Aug 25 15:18:47 PDT 2000

Ladies and gents, I've got a question for you all...  In a moment of
madness, I offered to do a dayboard for an embroidery event. The Person in
Charge recently gave me the stipulation that the food has to be
'non-messy' to eat, so that the embroiderers don't have to worry about
washing their hands.

*sigh* I'm flummoxed. Everything I can think of (other than apples,
pears, dry bread, prince's bisket, candies, gingerbread, and MAYBE hard
cheese) sounds to me as if you might want to wash your hands before
touching cloth unless you used a spoon or fork to eat with.  Somebody in
my shire wants us to do beef jerky, a suggestion that I'd prefer to avoid
or minimize (and pass off to someone who actually likes the stuff to
make).

I can tell that I'm definitely thinking 'inside the box' so any
suggestions that I can take to the Person in Charge are welcome. (Stefan,
I've already printed out the finger-foods.msg...

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net

" Oh, Adam was a gardener, and God who made him sees
That half a proper gardener's work is done upon his knees,
So when your work is finished, you can wash your hands and pray
For the Glory of the Garden, that it may not pass away!" -- Kipling