SC - With a Curtsey to Their Majesties: An Introduction

Catherine Deville catdeville at mindspring.com
Sat Aug 26 09:17:09 PDT 2000

On 8/25/00 2:59 PM sca-cooks at ansteorra.org wrote:

>I dunno, I like the idea, but we really need to do some hard thinking about
>it and its feasability first. But, as someone said, we have a year to think
>and plan- shall I set up a List for that purpose?
>
>Phlip

Here's a vote for : Please do NOT take the discussion away from the Cooks
List at this early point!

My husband and I have been thinking about a period food booth for a
couple of years and we couldn't deal with another list!  (Have enough
trouble keeping up with this one as it is!)

A lot of these first dozen or so posts have been a really interesting
expansion of the usual responses to "how can I cook period in my
encampment" questions we get from newer folks -- the dishes being
discussed appear to have a commonality of simplicity of preparation,
etc., eh?

I really hope the theorizing dishes/menus and logistics-planning can stay
here, where many who won't be able to participate in the Pennsic version,
may still benefit -- for as long as possible.

Thanks,
Chimene