SC - Fw: School of Salerno

Jen Conrad tjconrad at earthlink.net
Sun Aug 27 05:36:39 PDT 2000

Greetings all!

I have been set a quest and I would be interested to get your help
fulfilling it.  Basically, I need to put together a menu for a "Feast of
Love"; double entendre (including the renaming of other dishes to fit the
theme) and subtleties welcome.  It needs to have a good mix of vegetarian
and "hearty meat"  - and plenty of sweets (finally, a chance to actually be
a confectioner!).  The books I have in my collection are:

"Pleyn Delit" (2nd edition)
"The Medieval Kitchen" (the Redon, Sabban, Serventi one)
"The Original Mediterranean Cuisine" (Santich)

I also have access anything on-line.  As well, I do have a bunch of recipes
from "Sugar-Plums and Sherbet".  For any other sources I will need recipes
(redacted for preference).

I don't mind if the recipes cross time/cultural boundaries just as long as I
can put them together into a cohesive whole.  I guess that we are looking at
3 courses of a number of dishes each.

The other question is, how would you decorate the hall - and do you have any
ideas (clean please!) for activities for the event (games and the like)?

Gwynydd