SC - Re:Oxford Companion to Food was: Filo/phyllo

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Sun Aug 27 18:24:48 PDT 2000

Anahita al-shazhiyya commented:
> Pan Perdu might be good in the AM.
> Are there medieval "scrambled egg" dishes? Perhaps some of those
> quiche-y egg-&-cheese pies would be good.

Yes, there are. As well as what we would call "French Toast" recipes.

In case you would like to learn more, check this file in the FOOD
section of the Florilegium:
eggs-msg         (125K)  7/26/00    Egg storage. Recipes. Substitutions.

And these in the FOOD-BREADS section:
French-Toast-art  (27K)  3/31/00    "From Lost Bread to French Toast" by
                                       Christianna MacGrain.
French-Toast-msg  (15K) 12/ 3/99    Period French Toast. Recipes.
fried-breads-msg  (20K)  1/11/00    Period fried breads. Funnel cakes, donuts.

Stefan
- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net