SC - OOP - Wedding favor question

Tara Sersen tsersen at nni.com
Sun Aug 27 19:24:05 PDT 2000

Lady Celia des L'archier said:
> So now I'm trying to learn
> more about period styles of cooking as well as the cultural ideas and
> folklore surrounding food, which is a little difficult to find, but I
> expect that I'll have two sources for that information... period herbals
> and period cookbooks.

Perhaps these files in the PLANYS, HERBS AND SPICES section of the
Florilegium will prove useful to you when you start looking for info
on period herbals:
gardening-bib      (9K)  6/ 3/99    Bibliography on medieval gardening
                                       by Raisya Khorivovna.
mandrake-art       (9K)  2/24/99    "Hildegard van Bingen's treatise on
the use
                                       of mandrake" translated by
Cairistiona
                                       nic Bhraonnaguinn.
p-agriculture-bib (19K)  3/23/99    Bibliography of period agricultural
                                       practices by Laurie Brandt (Pegasus)
p-herbals-msg     (24K) 11/16/99    Period herb books. Modern editions.
Palladius-art     (41K) 11/18/99    Palladius' treatise on gardening 1420.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net