SC - Qata'if -- duck and bread

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Sun Aug 27 14:08:18 PDT 2000

Thank you, Adamantius and Harriet, for the advice.

Yes, I meant the unfermented "soft" stuff.  There are a number of good
cider mills around me, but when we buy directly from the mill it is
unpasteurized.  Normally I like it this way, but for this I probably
would buy pasteurized stuff from the grocery store.

A non-food idea that we are pursuing is making little Sculpey candle
holders in leaf shapes.  We're doing a Moravian-style candlelighting
rite, and so everyone will have a beeswax candle to light.  So, we
thought it could be nice to have the favor be something that was
actually part of the ceremony.  But, I'm kinda afraid they'll turn out
ugly or really tough to make...  We'll see!  This idea was actually kind
of a brainstorm while wandering around ACMoore this morning.

:)
- -Magdalena