SC - Period cookshop at Pennsic?

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Mon Aug 28 11:27:06 PDT 2000

OK,
Well, I personally would have taken the recipe as written, unless there was a
translation or scribal error. Sounds good, I happen to have a bag of semolina, egg
whites and heavy cream, so now when I get some time this week I may have a go at
playing with it myself. I also have some beanpaste in the freezer, and can try it
both ways. I think that since the bean paste is made with sugar [it was for a batch
of dessert sesame dumplings] with the sugar and syrup it may end up jaw-wrenchingly
sweet.
margali