SC - Dining with William Shakespeare

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 29 17:31:07 PDT 2000

- --- Lee-Gwen Booth <piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au>
wrote:

> I find that this happens with everything except
> water and milk (oh, and tea
> and coffee - but you get the picture).  I hate
> drinking out of metal
> (usually silver, but pewter is definitely a no-no in
> my book too)

> Gwynydd

Why do you consider pewter a no-no?  From what I have
seen in many pewter websites world-wide, all pewter
used in goblets/plates/bowls no longer contains lead.
The only leaded pewter that I have seen is used in
sculptures and non-food related bric-a-brac.

I have been using pewter goblets, plates, bowls and
flatware for my feast gear for over 20 years without
any problems.  And if you ever find any Armitale,
which is pseudo-pewter, it is even more innocuous.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.