SC - qataif

LrdRas@aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Aug 29 18:26:23 PDT 2000

- --- Philippa Alderton <phlip at morganco.net> wrote:
> Khadijah bint Mika'il al-Zarqiyya' skrev:
>
> >    I tried to pay a glassmaker, a pottery maker,
> and a metalworker to make
> >one of these for me... All stared and refused... Ah
> well.  If you succeed,
> >please tell me how to do it... I would sincerely
> love to have one.
>
> Have you tried Master Hroar, over here in the MK? He
> makes period pottery,
> and I'm sure he'd love the challenge ;-) If you
> like, I'll contact him for
> you.
>
> Phlip

It just occured to me just as I was reading this
message, what do the Arabic countries currently use as
their standard measurements?  Are they using the same
ratls, etc. as their ancestors did?  If yes, then why
not purchase some measuring cups from your local
Arabic market?  If not, then just forget what I have
just said.

Huette

=====
shall never cease to be amused.