Filo/phyllo-- was [Re: SC - duck and bread]

Philippa Alderton phlip at morganco.net
Wed Aug 30 11:22:48 PDT 2000

A few years back, in the Navy Exchange catalog they had a potato chip machine -
you put a washed potato in, it would automatically slice it and then fry it in
an internal fryer, then scoop them out and drop them into a bowl for you to salt
yourself. I always thought it would be neat to have, but we didnt have the money
at the time. They also had the ultimate breakfast machine as well. It had a
timer, and one end had a drip coffeemaker, then there was a little toaster oven
section that would turn on and make toast, and a little area that held IIRC 2 or
4 eggs, and would crack them into a little fryer on timer schedule. I kid you
not-it sold for 135$american! [no, it wouldnt brush your teeth or give you a
shave!]
margali
too many gadgets, too little money!