SC - Finally going to cook something period!!!

Catherine Deville catdeville at mindspring.com
Thu Aug 31 06:05:24 PDT 2000

> Greetings Lady Celia des L'archier,

Your Excellency! {deep courtsey, bright smile}... thank you for the warm
welcome!

> I am pleased to know that you are in South Downs and are interested in
> pursuing period cooking!  Please do not think that we are a derth of
> information and knowledge, there are several of us here on the Cook's
> List that also hail from the metro Atlanta area.

Oh!  not at all... it's just that I'm stuck out here in Woodstock for right
now with limited access to a vehicle (that's supposed to change between now
and January, when we plan to move back inside the perimeter so that I can
access Marta while the hubby has the car if I need to go somewhere), so I
have limited access to things like *hardcopy* resources.  I have been to
South Downs feasts before <BG>... I *know* that you have some wonderous
talent here.  I'm just a bit shy about using people as resources when we
haven't even been introduced yet ;-)

> I will be out of commission for a few weeks, but please write to me and
> let me know if I can be of assistance in any way to your efforts.
> Welcome to the list and back into the SCA,
> Mistress Christianna MacGrain
> Barony of the South Downs
> mermayde at juno.com

Thank you so much for your personal offer of assistance, Excellency... I
will be sure to make an introduction when I can attend a meeting.  I do see
that the directions to meetings are posted on the web site (as long as they
haven't moved?) and the name and e-mail of the local hospitaler(s) are
posted, so I shall try to touch base with them before I show up (if I don't
forget <sigh!>)... I've been out of things so long that I almost feel like
a newbie but I'm hopeful that my schedule will soon allow me the time to
participate.

{with a courtsey to Her Excellancy}
I remain, in service to Meridies,
Lady Celia des L'archier