SC - RE: Finally going to cook something period!!

Marian Deborah Rosenberg Marian.Deborah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu
Thu Aug 31 15:18:54 PDT 2000

Johann von Metten, poultrier, responds:
 I have been studing poultry, eggs and such for almost 10years, I've
never heard this before the last year.  In nearly every period
cookbook I've come across there is the greatest emphasis laid
on the freshest eggs possible!! The only exceptions are for
some pickled egg recipes, and some oriental recipes asking for
embreyonic eggs.
Supposedly some NUTS think that fertilized eggs are healthy/immoral/
etc... because they might contain embreyos!! Nonsense!! Even in ferile
eggs, nature has evolved so that an embreyo will not even form unless
the egg has been held at 100degrees F for 24 to 36 hours. This is what
gives the hen the ability to lay a large clutch and still have them
hatch all together.

In my book, Fresh is Best!! From my own birds, the best of all!!

Johann, poultrier