SC - Toys for Tots and other comments

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Thu Aug 3 11:34:03 PDT 2000

We also have found a local charity/foodbank that will accept any "leftovers"
from feasts that we serve.  The food must not have been served (in other words,
we don't scrape out the bowls that have come back from tables), but it can be
prepared.  This is something that takes very little effort (packaging up the
leftovers, delivering them to the charity), and reaps many wonderful rewards,
not the least of which is the knowledge that food that might have been wasted
has gone to feed those who might have otherwise gone hungry.

Kiri