SC -corn in the USA

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Sun Aug 6 11:29:00 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From:  Begga

I just want to clear up something which might add a bit of extra confusion
to this discussion (as though it needs it!).  I have now twice been quoted
as saying:

product.

This statement came from the American side of the thread.  It was included
in my post as a statement to which I was responding.  In Australia we have
"cornflour" which can be either maize or wheat.  We do not call it
"cornstarch" here at all.

> There is also self rising cornmeal that contains wheat flour and baking
> powder/soda comes in both yellow and white.

As I understand it, "cornmeal" is a different product again.  It is used to
make (and is also called, here in Australia, at least) "polenta".  Does this
mirror the American experience?

Gwynydd