SC - Re: upholstery

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Thu Aug 10 21:02:01 PDT 2000

BalthazarBlack at aol.com wrote:

> Yeah...there's room in the trunk.  But, I wouldn't suggest trying to sit in
> the back seat...

What- you mean people _SIT_ in the back seat? How bizarre...

> (obligatory SCA content:  My trunk, when not full of cookbooks and toys, can
> hold 3 four-man tents, two large igloo coolers, and enough garb for four
> people for a 5 day war... 1974 Plymouth Duster... go get one.)

Cool! One of my best friends in high school had a Duster. 'Bout that
age, too. Boy could that thing haul as... uh really go on the
straightaway! When my kids were tiny we had a Plymouth Fury. It was like
driving a boat. Brrmmm. It could hold alot of stuff too. A weekend trip
to relatives meant high chairs and porta-cribs and diaper bags and
toys... My favorite vehicle was a '73 Ford Club Wagon (van). Seated
eight. Once we put eight actors, all of our costumes, props _and_ sets,
and overnight gear for all of us, plus coolers, and went to an event
about 9 hours away where there was a drama contest. It was an
interesting ride, but nobody died and we didn't need recipes for
cleaning up bloodstains...

Now my favorite car is one that runs. ;-)

'Lainie