SC - Nutter Butters & The New York Blood Center

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Aug 13 18:48:12 PDT 2000

Hullo, the list!

In my neverending quest to keep things off-topic during Pennsic, I
thought I'd bring up this little tidbit in connection with Nutter Butter
cookies, since Twinkies and Mario Nebbits don't seem to be on The
Approved List of Topics this year.

I seem to recall, a year or two ago, reading in the newspaper that the
New York Blood Center had run out of its annual supply of Nutter Butters
donated to them, I guess, by Nabisco. Furthermore, it was announced that
Nabisco would not, in future, be donating Nutter Butters to the NYBC.

There was a brief scramble as panicked blood-supply administrators
searched about for more Nutter Butters, because these are apparently a
complete essential for the restoration of vigor after donating a pint of blood.

Blood supplies for the following two months dropped to an all-time
low... people would come in to donate blood, learn that there were
oatmeal cookies only, and leave without rolling up a sleeve.

Finally somebody, either Nabisco or perhaps some competitor, agreed to
get the NYBC some more Nutter Butters, and life as we know it was saved
yet again.

Adamantius, who prefers a rare steak after donating blood
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com