SC - Pantry Surprise, yet again

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 15 08:04:24 PDT 2000

> Cedrin shared:
> , I thought I might share yet another of my excursions in cooking ala'
> Pantry Surprise. Otherwise known as cooking with whatever happens to be on
> hand.
> > The Menu for this chapter of Pantry Surprise:
> >
> > Pork chops with fruited sauce
> > Something like an antipasto with asparagus mousse
> > Fruited couscous
> > Lightly pickled cucumber slices
>
>         OOOooooohhh!!! that is just so cool!!    Kinda like that tv host who
> invites himself over for supper at peoples' homes,  bringing his own chef.
> And you did this at another person's house!  Not like "scrounge nite" at my
> own residence.   (that usually involves what's in the fridge and minimal
> cooking)  Wanna come over to my house?
>
> Caointiarn

That would be "Gordon Elliott's Door Knock Dinners."  O please god, send him to
a SCA house some day, preferably one from the SCA-Cooks' list... I wanna see
what he makes of our decor, as well as the kind of ingredients we have sitting
around.  Grains of Paradise, Galingale, half-a-freezerfull of duck carcasses
left from Twelfth Night...

Selene, who watches 'way too much Food Network