SC - Off topic, search for a receipe

KallipygosRed at aol.com KallipygosRed at aol.com
Mon Aug 21 22:50:33 PDT 2000

Okay, per my faithful friend who has helped me in the past, I'm passing on
this request. Get back to me with any ideas.

Lars

   "So how was the first day on the job?  Everything you expected and more?

        I have a quest for your food list.  I'm looking for a recipe for
pickled limes.  I don't know if the Wilder books were trendy when you were a
young'un, but being that age smack in the middle of the TV series run pretty
much forced me to choke down these books.  They were also some of the few
books not banned by my particular curriculum.  Anyway, Ms. Wilder wrote of a
culinary fad among the kid set when she was of the kid set, and it was
pickled limes.  And you thought the sour candy kid trend was new!  It would
put them out of place and out of period for your list, but maybe the recipe
was old even then.  Don't ask why I'm looking for a recipe for pickled
limes---it just sounds tasty.

        BTW, in searching for a non-alcoholic homebrew page, I ran across two
recipes I'm dying to try.  Okay, I'm dying for my dad to make them and send
them to me.  One is apple beer and the other is pumpkin beer.  And I'm
DEFINITELY making my pumpkin-infused vodka this fall.  (As soon as I can find
fresh pumpkin)  I came up with a halloween martini that's just begging to be
made and tried.  First, you make the pumpkin vodka by mixing a bottle of
Vanilla Stoli and a bottle of Cinnamon Stoli in a gallon jug with two cups of
cubed fresh pumpkin.  Let stand for a week, strain and decant.  Then shake
over ice with cream, strain into a cocktail glass garnished with a slice of
crystallized ginger and a sprinkle of nutmeg.  Who needs nog with a drink
like this?

Spinferno"