SC - ALOSED BEEF (for Pennsic)

Jeff Gedney JGedney at dictaphone.com
Fri Aug 25 06:36:38 PDT 2000

And it is really yummy.

I use a bit of sage, fresh parsely, chopped onions, and some fresh garlic,
Kosher salt and pepper.  The fat I get free at the supermarket, they
just throw it away otherwise so they are happy to give it to me.
I trim out the connective tissue and process everything lightly in the
cuisinart.

I've tried putting the rolls on spits over the fire, and I think that it
does not come out quite as nicely putting them on skewers, and
in a shallow pan and slow roasting. Over the fire they seem to
get a little tough. I guess that would depend on the way you slice
the meat, but that is my experience.

I think that more experienced cooks might have soem insight.

Hey Cariadoc, I can see half of Pennsic getting addicted to "14th
Century English Negimaki" as one knight I served this called it..
This is easy to prepare, keeps well cold until cooked, and will stay
in a warming oven in a shallow pan well, and (if covered with foil)
without getting too dried out...
Steakys and Onions yrolled, (with flat bread this woudl be a hit)

Brandu