SC - Re: Making cheese

ChannonM at aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Sun Aug 27 07:08:18 PDT 2000

In a message dated 8/26/00 6:04:24 PM Eastern Daylight Time, Raoghnailt
writes:

> The one thing I do stress is that you need (if
>  you don't already have one) is a real dairy (not the rinky-dink one that
>  came with the Salton yogurt makers) -- not candy -- thermometer.  Mine came
>  with a kit I bought a long time ago (1983), but the cheesemakers' site
>  carries one I think.

I have a brewing thermometer that floats, will that work? Right now my
problem is finding a supply of unpasteurized milk. I've approached a few
farms but no luck so far. Even the "I have lots of kittens" story isn't
flying.

I'll keep trying.

Hauviette