SC - interesting URL - food shopping!

Elaine Koogler ekoogler at chesapeake.net
Mon Aug 28 11:42:29 PDT 2000

Ooooooo....pork loin.....wonderful stuff.  You could try using the Cormarye
recipe I posted last week (if you didn't get it, let me know and I'll send it to
you privately).  Or, if you like Chinese foods, I have a dynamite recipe for
Chinese Roast Pork:

(Understand...I don't know quantities...like the medieval cook, I've been doing
this so long that I just dump until it looks right!)

Marinate roast in a mixture of:
    Soy sauce -- about a cup or so
    Sake or white wine or a good sherry  (about half as much as the soy)
    Five spice powder -- about a tsp
    Star Anise -- three pieces or so
    Sesame oil -- maybe a tbsp or two
    Honey -- a couple of tbsp.
    Hoisin Sauce -- same

It's best to do this for several hours or overnight.  Then, to roast, put it in
a 350 oven until done (varies with cut/size of roast).  About every ten minutes
or so, pull it out and brush first with honey, then with hoisin...do this
throughout the roasting time, alternating the honey and hoisin.

The resulting meat will have a reddish cast to it, even when done due to the
color of the hoisin sauce...but it is done and it will not cause any illness!

Enjoy!

Kiri