SC - Re: Making cheese

ChannonM at aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Mon Aug 28 15:07:13 PDT 2000

In a message dated 8/28/00 12:08:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
owner-sca-cooks at ansteorra.org writes:

> Sounds about right. Have you chosen a particular recipe to work with?
>
>  > Thanks Adamantius for pointing out what should be so obvious to me.
>
>  My pleasure, and I'm sorry if I came on a bit strong, I just had this
>  sort of Cassandra/John the Baptist flashback on a morning after not
>  fully recovering from some dehydration symptoms.
>
>  Adamantius, thinking single-malt would be an ideal thing for thirst
>  right now... ;  )

jThhere are some simple instructions from Mistress Aoife in Stefans
Florithingy and there are some good ones in a small booklet I picked up at
war. There is also some really good looking ones at a web site of the
Glengarry Cheesemaking Co. They use cultures so are a bit advanced so I'm not
sure if I'm going to go that route yet. Maybe a simple farmers cheese will be
a good start. Once I nail down a recipe and make my cheese presses, I'll put
out posts on the development.

As for being harsh, heck, it was just a wakeup call that's all! I tend to try
not to be too committed when I post, for fear of back lash, but I do need to
be more sure of what I'm doing before I post, although I guess this list
helps me to work out my ideas as I go.

Take care of that dehydration, I can tell you that I'm still recovering from
war. Seems no matter how much liquid I take in I can't seem to remain
hydrated all week. Maybe it has something to do with the ratio or water to
alcohol that I partook of this year? :)

Hauviette