SC - Metal drinkware (was With a Curtsey to Their Majesties: An Introduction)

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Mon Aug 28 20:15:35 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From:  Lady Celia des L'archier

(Not to mention that it can eventually "taint" the
> taste of the drink.)

I find that this happens with everything except water and milk (oh, and tea
and coffee - but you get the picture).  I hate drinking out of metal
(usually silver, but pewter is definitely a no-no in my book too) and simply
don't do it, although a few people around here have metal goblets coated
with a gold looking substance, which doesn't seem to have these problems.
When I started, I did get second-hand metal drinkware, as did my Lady, but
we now have earthenware and glass - sure, it's fragile, but at least I can
drink!

Gwynydd