SC - OOP - Wedding favor question

Tara tsersen at nni.com
Tue Aug 29 14:04:05 PDT 2000

> How about a few of the candy/butter molds that have nice autumn leaf patterns.
> Push the sculpey into the leafshape, gently extract it and inset one of the
> cheap wooden thimbles that you can find in craft stores? They wont be harmed by
> being baked at 230/ Once the baking is done, get a good quality of metallic gold
> or silver craft paint and very carefully paint the thimbles and the veins in the
> leaves and it should look quite nice. I think that you shoud buy the size of
> thimble that the small cheap candles fit in, of course... ;-)

That's kind of what we had in mind.  We found a leaf-shaped cookie
cutter and little finial-caps that were the perfect size.  We tried them
out last night, but the Sculpey doesn't seem to harden completely and we
were able to break one of them fairly easily.  Does anybody out there
have experience with Sculpey?  Please answer privately, since this is
getting WAY off topic now.  I don't want to annoy anybody :)

I'd also like to find a larger leaf cookie cutter, if anybody has any
leads on that.  I wonder if there's a www.cookiecutters.com...

Thanks!
Magdalena