SC - Re: : Period Foods for Kids/my experiment

DeeWolff at aol.com DeeWolff at aol.com
Wed Aug 30 06:45:54 PDT 2000

I just finished some classes at Pennsic for kids cooking.

I found that the younger kids are willing to try just about anything you put
in front of them especially if they had a hand in making it.

However, children over ten already had perceptions that wouldn't like
something before they even tried it.

I watched as six year old wolfed down anise buns and macrows and hedgehogs
and applemoyse, while the above ten crowd sniffed and refused to eat anything
with cloves in it (or cinnamon, or yellow cheese, etc.)

That is why, I am reducing the age level of my next class and topping it out
at 10 years.

A reluctant child in the kitchen causes bottlenecks you wouldn't believe.

Give me six enthusiastic five year olds over two reluctant ten year olds any
day...

Andrea M.