SC - artichokes

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Wed Aug 30 21:41:02 PDT 2000

At 11:12 PM -0500 8/30/00, Stefan li Rous wrote:

>You might also want to take a look at the several period recipes in
>this file in this file in the FOOD-VEGETABLES section of my files.
>These tend to boil the artichokes with meat and use a lot more different
>spices.
>artichokes-msg    (11K) 12/ 8/99    Period artichokes. Recipes. Cardoons.

It's worth noting that although cardoons are closely related to
artichokes (the plant looks like an artichoke on steroids, with
miniature artichokes on it), what people normally eat is the leaf of
the cardoon not (as with the artichoke) the bud. So a cardoon recipe
would be quite different from a modern artichoke recipe.
- --
David/Cariadoc
http://www.daviddfriedman.com/