SC - Renaissance Cooks

Marian Deborah Rosenberg Marian.Deborah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu
Thu Aug 31 15:15:25 PDT 2000

Hi again,

  I'm still looking for around for books that can give me some biographical
information on various cooking people in the Renaissance.  I've been thinking
hard and the only person I can come up with would be the wife in Le Menagier du
Paris.

So, two questions -

1. In my own collection I only have excerpts from Le Menagier.  What book(s) do
I want to request from Inter Library Loan that either give full text of Le
Menagier or give text and commentary?

2.  Can anyone name any other cooks I may wish to consider doing biographical
research on?

My brain is really floundering when it comes to the topic of these people as
other than cook book writers.

- -M