SC - Re: non-messy, period, dayboard-type food

Thu Aug 31 17:47:56 PDT 2000

Not developed earlier, but available via the Moors in Spain.  The sweet
Chinese orange appears to have arrived in Europe in the 15th Century with
Portuguese spice trade.

The first known arrival of oranges (from Spain) in England was about 1290
and early in the 14th Century they were being traded into France through
Nice.

Bear