SC - Iron Chef advice

Jenne Heise jenne at tulgey.browser.net
Thu Aug 3 08:01:20 PDT 2000

> so when there are banners for Toys for Tots everywhere, or when the main
> event is a recreation of a television show!

I have to disagree, because if we couldn't ignore banners and such, we
would be hard pressed to hold events in schools; nor do we know that the
event will have banners for Toys for Tots everywhere. (Would the Toys for
Tots feast cook elaborate a little more on this event? I for one would
like to hear.) As for the Iron Chef thing, if they do it right it will not
rely on knowledge of the TV show by the spectators, in which case it's no
more obtrusively modern than any other form of A&S competiton...

How did the guild judgings work in period? Someone told me that in order
to become a master cook, one gave a feast for the local masters and they
ate it and grilled one on the subject, and if they passed it, you were a
master...

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, mka Jennifer Heise	      jenne at tulgey.browser.net

"They do not preach that their God will rouse them a little before the
	nuts work loose.
They do not preach that His Pity allows them to drop their job when
	they damn-well choose. " -Kipling, "The Sons of Martha"