SC - Iron Chef advice

Susan Fox-Davis selene at earthlink.net
Thu Aug 3 08:25:04 PDT 2000

Jana enquired:

> I am assuming as they do on the show they each get the same main ingredient?

The show supplies a theme ingredient, brought to the stage with great lighting
and fanfare.  It can be anything from rice or tofu to truffles, caviar, eclectic
breeds of fish or other luxury items.  It is my understanding that the chefs are
given a short list of 3 to 5 possible theme ingredients ahead of time so they
can prepare a little, and only find out which one it is when the goods hit the
stage.

I chose Plums because they are appropriate to the season and both the European
and Asian regions.  This isn't a 'real' competition so much as a play-test of
the game as an Entertainment, to see if this is something we might want to do on
a larger scale some time.  There are quite a few good cooks in Caid whom I want
to drag in on this, then maybe we go to interkingdom challenges at wars.

Selene
selene at earthlink.net