SC - Toys for Tots and other comments

BalthazarBlack at aol.com BalthazarBlack at aol.com
Thu Aug 3 11:30:47 PDT 2000

>  I just think that in keeping with the 'medieval'
>  theme charities that have are much broader and have more potential for
>  actually 'helping' could be utilized. For instance, I think the Make a
Wish
>  Foundation is a good cause (Queen, king, prince/cess for a day thing.

Allright.  How does letting a terminally ill child sit on the throne for a
few hours relieve suffering or financial woes?  How does it "help" at all?
In truth, it doesn't help the child or their family one bit, but it makes
EVERYONE involved feel better.... just like the Toys For Tots campaign, or
ANY other event dedicated to a charitable organization.  I do, however, agree
that our efforts MAY be better used to raise money (or, perish the thought,
provide labor) for the construction of new schools, hospitals or research
centers.... Maybe a special wing of the hospital dedicated to treating the
Black Death would be "appropriate"?

Balthazar of Blackmoor