SC - Vinegar

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Fri Aug 4 08:19:36 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From: Adamantius

...FWIW, a spray bottle of dilute bleach solution (the chlorine
> evaporates after a bit, but you can do a plain-water rinse if it bothers
> you)...

In truth, I adhere to the school of thought which says that being too over
zealous about disinfecting (and no comments about my fanatical cleaning of
event kitchen bench tops from the peanut gallery please!) every surface in
the home.  Recent research is bearing out my long held theory that the
present mania for over-disinfecting is actually harming human health by
lowering resistance.  I make sure that my wash clothes are washed regularly
and that different tasks have different cloths (i.e. washing up, cleaning
benches, cleaning floors - my family knows that murder could be done if they
mix these up!), but I think it is crazy to use disinfectant on bench tops et
al.

...alcohol baby-wipes (the cheap ones without moisturizers) are
> often seen in commercial kitchens for disinfecting.

Obviously, commercial kitchens may be a different beast altogether.

Gwynydd