SC -corn in the USA

Mon Aug 7 06:33:22 PDT 2000

Cornmeal is coarsely ground corn flour (milled grain).  It is commonly used
to make polenta, also known as cornmeal mush, cornbread, a chemically
leavened batter bread, and cornpone, an unleavened flatbread or batter bread
also known as johnny cake, ash cake, hoe cake, Shawnee cake, etc.

Masa farina or masa harina (depending on your flavor of Spanish) is a finely
ground corn flour.  It is primarily used by the Hispanic community in the
US.  I've used it when experimenting with tortillas and other flatbreads.

Bear