Harry Potter foodies [was Re: SC - RE: chocolate recipe?

Lee-Gwen Booth piglet006 at globalfreeway.com.au
Tue Aug 8 08:00:29 PDT 2000

- ----- Original Message -----
From:  Selene Colfox

> Butter Beer I'm still contemplating.  OK, it's suitable for serving to
minors,
> but gets house-elves tipsy, and can be served hot or cold.

Yes, Butter Beer is something of a paradox.  Still, perhaps it doesn't take
much to get a house elf tipsy - or maybe they get drunk on sugar or
somthing.

> "Butter" sounds like
> an unlikely ingredient for a water-soluble brew, but possibly that's a
reference
> to the color?

I rather think that the drink has an echo of hot buttered rum about it.
While I have never had this, I understand that it is supposed to be very
warming.

...Yorkshire
> Pudding gave Ron a North Country dialect for the next few lines?

I will obviously have to re-read the series, I missed this bit.  I bet
Jessie didn't though.  She can quote bits of the book at me from memory!

Gwynydd